Categorized | Newswire

Bronx baby dies after ingesting pills, NY Post

Bronx baby who was found unconscious yesterday morning and later died may have swallowed prescription pills from a bottle his parents had given him for use as a rattle, the New York Post reports.

The parents of 13-month-old Edwin Perocier Jr. told cops they found him unresponsive in their Longwood apartment inside a family homeless shelter just before 8 a.m.

Police questioned Santiago and the baby’s father, Edwin Perocier Sr., 49, for hours at the 41st Precinct.